Sunday 16 December 2012

brass monkeys 2 Porridge pot


So as usual not the best prep especially as I can't cycle like a machine like some of the guys n gals at Brass Monkeys, had a heavy training week, then work night out with vodka on Fri. So woke up this morning with a cold, got to the venue wanting to turn around frankly as riding a bike wheezing is not a good look!! But the Brass Monkeys team pulled off a great course....
My usual stupid determination won through I rode 2 pretty solid laps and really felt confident descending the steep singletrack with Jays Mud X tyres, but really struggled climbing today, short and sharp isn't suited to my (ahem) svlete figure so a bit of walking was required, along with many others. Managed to pull out 3 laps of approx 7.5 miles with a smile but really struggled on lap 3 a combination of a cold and poor fuelling really.....
My THT mates did so well Rachy,Jo and Lou won their categories, Roki came second and Little Dean won even though I tried to maim him up a climb!! Thanks to everyone for their encouragement Dave for pit bitching, especially Jay for his babysitting and bike fettling and my work colleagues for the night off much appriciated as I'm wrecked!! Back to sensible mummy time tomorrow and 3 gym classes sleep is for wimps lol, til next time.....http://app.strava.com/activities/32717895

No comments:

Post a Comment