Monday 8 July 2013

Long summers riding is here yay

Managed a big loop with Jay last week we did a 55 miler as ran out of time and I will blame that on Jays tea drinking slowness! We headed up to Caesars, Ash, Tunnel Porridge Pot then Frith with a food stop at Spar, before heading to Swinley and back home, it was interesting trying to keep th Jay and looking at my strava I did ok!! I felt strong which put me in good stead for this weekend riding....

So my plans were a bit stressed as had an interview for the Commonwealth Games so had to travel back from Glasgow on Sat evening, so the race prep was quite a rush...but thanks to my hubby for childcare and prep it was less hassle!

Are You Tough Enough was 6.5 miles in blistering heat and I opted for the 6 hr Cat sadly there was no womens cat so I lost my podium chance but I had 4 good laps and one horrific lap of too much gels and not enough food need I say any more the course actually suited a slow one like me as I could pedal virtually everything except one steep hill, really enjoyed the race on the Bamboo and heres to more racing. A big Thanks to Jay, Arran, Little Dean for fixing my bike and the encouragement from all the Trolls on the course, and of course Bamboo Bikes for their kind sponsorship






No comments:

Post a Comment