Wednesday 9 January 2013

new year new riding

After a manic work period at crmbo and doing the family thing its time to get more riding in this year...was lucky enough to meet up with a couple of the gals for a New Yr day ride with yep no hangover it was a dry hogmany for me which is a first...http://app.strava.com/activities/36088673 was a lovely pootle about with a nice coffee stop which is always a good choice, thanks Jo and Kate for the company as I hate solo riding...

I then went out with Rachy on the promise of a gentle ride which turned out to be a really enjoyable exploration up to Minley and riding things back to front meeting up with Shortcut and Stan, the pleasure was due to borrowing Jays new 29er singlespeed. It was a very fun ride and I even enjoyed climbing on it, I definately saw how fit I've got and how well the SS soaked up the trail compared to my standard wheel, I was a sceptic but i am truly converted PLEASE CAN I KEEP THE BIKE JAY??!!   Annoyingly my Strava didn't pick up all the timed sections for some reason but it was a fun blast nice company and tailed off by a cold bottle of Peroni NICE! http://app.strava.com/activities/36088665

Brass Monkeys on Sunday I'm getting nervous now, last race of the series and I have worked seriously hard in the gym since crimbo running,spinning and resistance training in the hope it helps me wish me luck lol

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gayle, you're doing so well. Looking fit, strong and svelte. Keep up the good work. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete